CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Vacation Plan C- Return to Vegas

For our Summer vacation this year we decided to go to Vegas with another couple. I haven't been to Vegas in, like, 14 years and one of the only things I remembered from my previous trip was a guy picking up a hooker in Caesar's Palace. Oh, and I saw Stevie Wonder then, too. It was fun, but nothing was just calling my name to come back.

Then again, maybe I just didn't hear it. Seems as though we were destined to end up there. Vegas was actually plan C of our 2009 vacation planning. Plan A was a Western Caribbean cruise that was canceled due to, of all things, swine flu. (Oh wait, that's not what they're calling it now. What is it? Piggy Pandemic? Sow Sickness? Cob Roller Contagion? Oh well.)

So, we opted for a beach house in South Padre. I booked the cottage online and I received an email with a rental agreement with the instructions of filling it out and sending it back within 24 hours. Problem is, I have a Mac and the form the manager sent me wasn't compatible with my computer so I had to print it out and send it in through snail mail. I wrote the manager and told her of my dilemma and she said "No, problem! I'll look for it." I figured all is well.
The very next day I receive a voicemail from her stating that since she didn't receive my agreement within 24 hours she canceled our reservation.
What?! You did WHAT?!
I felt like calling her and giving her a piece of my very frustrated and not so understanding mind! Instead, I chose to stay calm and call her back to explain our situation. Get this, she thought I was going to FAX it in. Not sure how "I sent it to you in the mail. You should get it in a couple days" got turned into "I faxed it to you. You should receive it sometime today." But, it did.

*sigh*

So, the 4 of us scrambled to find another place to vacation. Keep in mind, we weren't the only ones on that canceled cruise line so, there were at least several hundred other people also booking their Plan B vacation because their cruise was also canceled.
After hours of searching the dozens of travel sites online, we settled on Vegas when we found a hotel that was offering major discounts on their room rates.
I'll be honest, I didn't want to go to Sin City. I mean, I'll find something to make me happy no matter where I go, but Vegas is definitely not my cup of tea. I was sooooo looking forward to the beach and the ocean and the sand and sun and surf.
HOWEVER, it had been 14 years since I last stepped on Vegas turf and things change quite rapidly there.
Just look at the fun I had!

One of the best views of the Strip ever!

The view of the strip from our hotel's watch tower. We stayed in the Stratosphere. It was awesome!


The New York Hotel.

The Excalibur.

Paris.

The Paris Hotel was a close 2nd as my most favorite hotel in Vegas. Can you see why I love it? Just build me a little chateau like this tucked in the woods somewhere and I'd be on Cloud 9.

The Venetian. This was my favorite hotel because of all the architecture. This is where we saw the Phantom of the Opera, a $44 million production that blew my socks off! I could have watched it every night.

Look at the beautiful architectural designs.



These kinds of paintings are all over the ceilings of the Venetian. You couldn't look anywhere without something like this to catch your eye.

I think this is the entrance to Caesar's Palace. I can't remember. All of my photos have gotten jumbled and I'm not sure which pictures are of what.

This was inside Caesar's in the Forum shops and was over a cute little kids' store. It had an elevator that would take you up to the top where there was a little play area. So cute!
Again, I fell in love with all the art and architecture.
LOVED this marble statue!
And at night, some of the statues came to life.
Being lazy for once while we were there.
Oh come on! It's Vegas, baby! A little PDA is allowed. Besides, he's so hot!
Even Collin and Monett decided 'what the heck!'
Just being silly while waiting on the monorail.
Don't remember what I was doing here. LOL!
Monorail Go-Go Girls.
Vegas needs us!
Dancing Waters at the Bellagio. Awesome ingenuity!
Where on earth is Carissa Anne Mason?
I haven't a clue.
We visited the Hoover Dam while we were there. Interesting actually. Saw the Grand Canyon as we flew over it on our way to Vegas. MASSIVE hole in the ground!
And I'll have you know, Elvis is very much alive.
We did tons of other fun things while we were there, I just suck at remembering to take pictures. For instance, I would've taken pictures of the outdoor show we saw at Treasure Island.

I would've taken pictures of all the other chic and lavish hotels we toured.

I would've bought pictures or postcards of the $44 million Phantom of the Opera production.

I would've taken pictures of some of the food we ate that was art in and of itself.

I would've had someone take pictures of Monett and I dancing to YMCA on the tables of the Hard Rock Cafe.

I would've taken pictures of my toe after it got stuck in a revolving door by some idiot who thought he'd be funny and push the door backwards on the people in it.

I would've taken pictures of the Grand Canyon as we flew over.

I would've taken pictures of me and Jonathan in our cocktail attire when we had our hot night out. (Click on the link and you can see my dress on the model.)

But I have all these memories in my head. Just wish I could've shared them with you all.
And you know, give me about 10 years and I'd go back to Vegas just to see how much it will have changed.
Besides, Elvis asked me to come back.

2 comments:

http://richardbarron.net/ said...

If you and your family ever decide to vacation in the adventure playground of southeastern Utah, we could plan to be in the area when you are, and it would be our privilege to show you around. I know you would adore my wife, and she would love meeting you.

Call it "Plan D." ;>)

Petersen's said...

I wish you would have come see us you were so close! Looks like it was away fun trip though! Caroline is coming out here soon you should come too! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails