CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Fairwell

Talk about a bad day for one little girl.

My daughter, Abby, got a mouse the other day.

That same day, Pacsha, one of our cats decided she wanted a snack and weasled her way into the mouse's cage somehow.

We found the mouse in time, we thought, to save her. She was scared and bleeding on the back of the neck but we cleaned her up and hoped for the best.

2 days passed and we thought she was on the road to recovery, climbing on Abby's arm and eating.

We decided to name her Nip Tuck, to be cute.

But on day 3 she took a turn for the worse and became lethargic and we couldn't keep her warm. Sadly, she passed away last night.

Abby was devastated, to say the least. She thrust her head into my arms and sobbed like I've never seen her sob before.

I cried.

Yes, I cried over a dead mouse, even though it's the order of things.

I cried for Abby.

She loved that little creature of God.

And somehow, I think Nip Tuck knew it.

Our little family has had our fair share of death in 12 years. We've experienced lots of it. Needless to say, our children are no strangers to life's ticking clock.

So, we had a small burial for Nip Tuck this morning.

Few words were said...Julia asked if Nip Tuck ran out of energy.
Indeed, she did, dear. Indeed.

R.I.P. Nip Tuck







1 comments:

http://richardbarron.net/ said...

This is the saddest thing I've read all week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails