CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 7, 2010

My date with a Warrior

Remember one of my New Year's resolutions to conquer some of my fears? Well, I have taken the first step in doing just that...except that...I'm scared.
Ha! The irony!
Take a look at this crazy insane obstacle course race that I just signed myself and my husband up for in May...


Did you see some of the events?
The Texas Tornado with gale force winds and sand being blasted in your face...What?!
The Breathless Bog where you have to swim through submerged logs...Are you kidding?! (FYI: I'm terrified of drowning.)
The Warrior Roast where you have to leap over a roaring fire...NO WAY?! (FYI: I have a fear of being burned alive.)
It's going to take some mad skills to conquer my fears to be able to compete in this race.
Or the race will conquer my fears and I'll go mad.
I know what you're thinking. I know this not because I have an uncanny ability to read minds, but because I have thought the exact the same things, but obviously not long or hard enough to have gained my senses back in full capacity.

Have I gone insane? Perhaps, but if I've lost touch with reality, so have the other almost 18,000 people who have signed up. So, I'm not completely alone in the world.

How did I lose contact with the part of my brain that controls my logical thought processes? Not sure, but I'm told it has something to do with a gross mutation of the overachiever gene.

And just how much am I going to regret this when it's all over? I don't even want to think about it. I plan on just putting my head down and running without looking up until it's all over. But that may not be the most intelligent decision either.
I'm doomed.
Psyched, but doomed.






1 comments:

http://richardbarron.net/ said...

I'd like to point out that EVERYONE has a fear of drowning and a fear of being burned alive. But you know that's not going to happen. What you fear is the voice in your head telling you that those things are going to happen. The challenge is to do those things despite the voice.

“You don’t conquer fear. You learn to get excited by it.” -Gary Busey

Related Posts with Thumbnails