CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Your typical not-so-typical birthday gift....

So, yesterday was Mr. Simpleton's b-day. (Sshhh, he's 34).
We aren't your typical couple and therefore don't get each other your typical gifts. Typically.
I like to make his cards and gifts or go out and search for something unusual he might like.
I found these cute pillowcases online for $35 + shipping.
I thought they were cute. But not $35 cute.
The more I looked at these pillow cases, the more I thought, "Hey, I can make those!"
So, here they are for a fraction of the price!
Whatcha think?








13 comments:

Rachel Cotterill said...

Those are so much fun. I love it, and yeah, definitely better to make them yourself! :D

Miel Abeille said...

Great find with those pillow cases!

cornflakegirl74 said...

LOVE those pillowcases! Very cute indeed :) Stopping by from the Tea Party!

www.mypixieblog.com

http://richardbarron.net/ said...

Those are the coolest.

http://richardbarron.net/giantmuh/2010/03/23/abbys-birthday/

Meg said...

How cute! did you draw the images on yourself? They turned out great!

Carissa Mason said...

Thank you , Meg! Yes, I drew the images myself just gleaning from the original ones I found on the internet. I was quite proud of how they turned out, too! Not too shabby. lol Thanks for leaaving me some comment love!

★All Thingz Related★ said...

How fun! You did a great job!
Thanks for sharing @ Anything Related!
{Rebekah}

anne maskell said...

they are adorable! just visiting from all things related!

Jill said...

Very cute!! I love the simplicity of it!

Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com said...

I really really like these! I'm going to have to bookmark them. Thanks so much for sharing them. What did you use to draw them on with?

Carissa Mason said...

Hi Beverly! I'm glad you like these! I just used some paint pens and free-handed them. Super easy! Thanks for stopping by!

Stephanie Lynn said...

Adorable! They are so cute! You did a fabulous job - what a fun gift. Love your new header!! Thanks so much for joining The Sunday Showcase! I greatly appreciate it. Hope you are enjoying your week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

★All Thingz Related★ said...

Oh my goodness...HOW CUTE! ~Bridgette

Related Posts with Thumbnails